17 June 2015
Wednesday 17 June 2015
Commencing at 18.30 for Registration and a Light Finger Buffet.
2 Hours Continuous Professional Development Accreditation.
The Somerset LDC will be hosting a CPD Dental Clinical Governance Event for all the Dental Practitioners in Somerset!
Following our previous successes, the Somerset Local Dental Committee is pleased to invite all Somerset Dental Practitioners to our next CPD Clinical Governance Event on Wednesday 17 June 2015 at 18.30, and to be held at the Holiday Inn, Deane Gate Avenue, Taunton, Somerset TA1 2UA.
Event Speakers and Topics:
The event will be led by Dr Paddy Finnegan and Dr Jayne Owen, Specialist’s in Paediatric and Special Care Dentistry, and Mr Derren Neve, Dental Technical and Sales Director of RDT Technology Ltd (along with Certified Valpast Trainer and co-inventor of the SnapLok and Krystal model tray systems for crown and bridge work).
The presentations will cover the following topics:
Paediatric Dentistry – Aim: A ‘Whistle Stop’’ update in Paediatric Dentistry for the General Dental Practitioner.
- Management of acute pain in children.
- Pulpotomy techniques, indications and materials for primary molar teeth.
- Restoration of primary molars including The Hall technique for pre formed metal crowns.
- Treatment planning and options for badly decayed, hypo-mineralised or hypoplastic first permanent molar teeth.
The format will be an informal lecture, followed by a question and answer discussion.
Why Flexibility Rather Than Rigidity? – An Introduction to Valpast Flexible, Removable Partial Dentures and their Application
Presentation Topics to Be Covered –
- General introduction to Valplast® Flexible Partials,
- The background of how/why Flexible Partial dentures came into being,
- Understanding the theory and forces exerted by more traditional, ridged partial dentures and there limitations and why the Valplast® flexible partial denture material overcomes these.
- Clinical Technique, Overview/Introduction, Impressions, Try-In, Fitting a Valplast® flexible partial denture and Adjusting a flexible partial denture.
- Question and Answer discussion.
This presentation aims to provide Dental Practices opportunities to be exposed to different dental materials to the more traditional ones that they may have been use to. The aim is to open up alternative possibilities and options for their patients. There will also be a question and answer discussion.
Our previous Somerset LDC CPD Clinical Governance Event attracted a high level of interest from practitioners and therefore, places are available on a first come, first served basis.
If you are interested in attending then please contact Emma Childs to reserve a place via emailing email@example.com.
Please find attached our event invitation. Event Invitation Flyer 17.06.15.
The Somerset LDC look forward to seeing you at the event.